CERTAIN beliefs aren’t questioned; in any office there are some things that are just accepted as true.
Training is one of those areas of business life that has a number of unspoken ‘truths’. But where did they come from? And are they really true? If you don’t challenge your thinking, you can’t break out from practices that are costing you time and money.
Myth 1: More equals better
You know this one. The assumption that a day’s training will be more valuable than a half-day. It must be better because it’s longer. Right or wrong?
Myth 2: Attendance equals learning
Is it true that once you have attended a course you know and implement everything you have learned?
Myth 3: Cascade training saves you money
‘Let’s just pay to have one person trained and then they can train everyone else in the office.’
Angie ‘Speedy’ Spiteri is the creator of Time Equals Money. She runs workshops on Productivity, Delegation and Outlook. http://www.timeequalsmoney.net.au/ She can be reached on 0403970732 or email email@example.com
Five Benefits of Faster Report Design
Some report requests come with far too little lead time. And, it’s these instances that tend to be the most urgent. To fulfil the request, you have to drop everything, pull the necessary data and format the report in a way that will highlight the right information and resonate with the target audience. Meanwhile, other tasks continue to accumulate. Figure out how to accelerate report design, and you’ll deliver a higher level of analytical services while also recapturing time to address your other responsibilities.
Linked from SAP Channel. Read more…
What’s New in NEC IT Solutions Training
- Microsoft Office 2010 courses available. Customise your content to design your own course.
- Discounted consulting rates - only available when you book training. Contact us for further information
- Private training Australia wide is available. For more details please contact us.
- Training Guarantee now applies to all SAP BusinessObjects training courses – if an employee leaves your organisation within 6 months of attending a training course with us then you can resend an attendee for free. For terms and conditions please contact us.
- Refresh your SAP BusinessObjects, Pronto and Microsoft BI knowledge for a 75% reduction. Contact us to find out how